Sunday, November 6, 2016

Book Review : Before You Leap by Keith Houghton



Synopsis : 

Peace of mind is all Greg Cole has wanted since the murder of his twin sister, Scarlett.

In his new sun-soaked Florida life, he thought he had found it. But when Scarlett’s killer is released early from prison with a cast-iron alibi, Greg realizes that his past is about to explode into his present, with terrifying consequences.
To expose the truth he must open up old wounds. As a talk therapist, Greg knows all about dark secrets, but when a childhood friendship comes to the fore and the police turn their spotlight on him, the thought of analyzing his own psyche is a disturbing prospect. How far can he trust his own memories?
With his life coming apart at the seams, and his grip on reality beginning to unravel, Greg must face the ghosts of his past if he hopes to prove his innocence and live to see another day
Review : 
I don't know where I get this book but as far as I remember, it was on my kindle apps. I know I must have seen something in the book because when I am choosing my next book to read, I decide to read this book even though at that time I forget what this book is all about. The story was quite slow. But not that slow. So, at first I kind of skip it until the middle. And after that it really moving on. Now knowing that the story was very good, I decide to reread it from the beginning.

One of the reason that I like this story is because the main char is psychotherapist. I have soft spot with main chars from psychology or psychotherapist background. I don't know how to describe the experience. The story was great, the chars are great, the ending are great too. It just feels a lack certain wow. Wonder what's that wow is. If the author managed to find it, I have no doubt, it would become best seller. Anyway, it is what it is. The ending is a little unpredictable though, but not unbelievable one. I can understand that some may like it and some may not. Anyway, honestly it makes a good read. 


My ratings : 4 of 5



Regards, 

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment